Manual Handling Training
Every Evenings from Galway City – Live Manual Handling training and Assessment For Bookings and further info Please Ring Michelle on 087-7950282
Online Manual Handling
Course: Day: Time:
Manual Handling – Monday – 24 hours a day
Manual Handling – Tuesday – 24 hours a day
Manual Handling – Wednesday – 24 hours a day
Manual Handling – Thursday – 24 hours a day
Manual Handling – Friday – 24 hours a day
Manual Handling – Saturday – 24 hours a day
Manual Handling – Sunday – 24 hours a day
3 Year Certification, Call 087-7950282 to Book !! or hit the bookings tab on the top of the page.
Training delivered and assessed by a qualified Fetac/QQI Instructor as required by the HSA
We can also send a tutor on-site to your workplace Just Call!
Bespoke training can also be designed to suit the needs of your working environment, just call the office for more information of what it will cost and how we plan it for you.
IMPORTANT – Manual Handling Certificate lasts for 3 years and Course duration can vary depending on the number of attendees on the day.
We can send a Trainer to your premises if you require just call us for more info.
- Manual Handling – introduction and definition
- Structure and function of the human spine
- Causes of back injuries
- Prevention of back injuries
- Ergonomic aspects of manual handling
- Lifting skills – theory and practice
- Reducing manual handling injuries
- Current legislation, EU directives and statistics
- Manual handling quiz/assessment
- Programme summary
- Understand the structure and functions of the human spine
- Understand the main causes of back injuries in the workplace
- Know the main causes of soft tissue injuries and cumulative strain
- Have learned the correct posture for sitting and standing
- Have learned the correct skills and techniques for lifting materials/equipment safely
- Be able to identify and eliminate the causes of strain and injury in their workplace
- Understand current legislation, and employer/employee responsibilities
DURATION: varies on attendance numbers
PARTICIPANTS: 12 per class
VENUES: Online or at your workplace Just Call
CERTIFICATION: Lasts for 3 Years
Who Should Take This Manual Handling Training Course? The manual handling course is aimed at all levels of employees who may undertake manual handling operations, including the transporting of a load of items by lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving thereof by hand or by bodily force. This includes, but is not limited to, professions such as:
- Warehouse and factory staff
- Heavy manual labourers
- Unloading and loading of vehicles
- Construction and building site workers
- Office workers
- Delivery drivers
Manual Handling accounts for 33% of Accidents reported to the Health and Safety Authority. Manual handling includes the use of the human body to lift, lower, fill, empty, or carry loads and also includes climbing, pushing, pulling, and pivoting, all of which pose the risk of injury to the back. The load can be inanimate (an object) or animate (animal or person) and manual handling injuries occurs in most industrial sectors including manufacturing and warehousing, retail, construction, transportation, agriculture and the health care sector.